Please note the following important telephone numbers:
- The National Institute for Communicable Diseases hotline 0800 029 999.
- The Independent Counselling and Advisory Services (ICAS) toll free line 0800 111 3945 is available to UCT staff and their family members 24 hours a day.
- UCT Student Wellness Services (SWS) can be contacted on 021 650 5620 or 021 650 1271 (after hours).
- UCT Student Care Line provides 24 hour counselling on 0800 24 25 26
- UCT staff can contact 021 650 5685 with any concerns or for more information.
UCT Student Wellness Services update: Monday 23 March
Therapists and social workers are available to all students for telephonic counselling and psychosocial support during the holidays.
Students can continue to access their therapists for telephonic counselling or Skype sessions. Slots can be booked online or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For medical support and advice related to coronavirus, students can either call UCT SWS or book a slot online and the Clinical Nurse Practitioner will call back.
Limited virtual consultations can be booked online. Details are on the booking site.
COVID-19 outbreak – UCT GSB’s Response and Protocol stages:
Download protocol document here
You can also find out more information by visiting the following websites:
COVID-19 Souh African coronavirus Resource Portal
Western Cape - Department of Health
National Institute for Communicable Diseases
South African Government
World Health Organization