The New Manager course will allow you to walk into a new management position armed with the skills and confidence to immediately provide sound and practical guidance to your team. Learn how to quickly understand and navigate the context of your industry, speak the language of professionals, and leverage your distinctive talents to develop your own brand of leadership.
What you will walk away with
- Core business skills in strategy, marketing, finance, operations, and the management of complex projects
- The basics of good business communication
- Practical skills to develop, manage and motivate a team
- Self-knowledge, personal growth and personal mastery
- Insight and experience through networking with fellow delegates from diverse industries
- Added value for your organisation – a post-course assignment helps you apply what you’ve learned in the workplace
Select Location and Delivery
GROW IN CONFIDENCE. LEAD WITH ENTHUSIASM.
The New Manager course is designed to help new managers excel in their roles.
With insights from experienced business leaders and practical exercises, this programme equips new managers with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in today's fast-paced business environment.
Additional Course Information
Self-Awareness using Insights Discovery
Focus attention on the self and to build a platform of self-awareness. We will work on identifying individual priorities and objectives for development.
Effective Communication & Presentation Skills
To provide skills to communicate effectively and improve interpersonal communication skills.
Financial Management introductory and Time to Think
- Introducing financial management and will provide delegates with an understanding of financial management theories, combined with knowledge and practical skills at an introductory level in the field of financial accounting.
- Exploring the concept of Neuroplasticity. Draws on the work of Nancy Kline on creating generative thinking environments. We will explore somatic intelligence and the impact on leadership presence, emotional regulation, and collaboration. We will look at the impact of your words and how you use them on your leadership.
Creative Problem Solving (Systems Thinking)
A brief high-level introduction to Systems Thinking. It provides a practical set of tools for dealing with complex problems and provides a foundation for Action Learning Projects.
Digital Customer Experience (DCX)
A set of digital interactions between a customer and an organisation creates customer value. This module provides participants with the key concepts, terms, and techniques to deploy digital customer experience.
- National Senior Certificate, NQF 4 or equivelant
- English proficiency
- 3 years work experience
Who should apply:
- A first-time manager
- An entry-level manager
- An individual with management potential
- An experienced manager in need of a boost or updated skills
Learn with the best
Our Internationally acclaimed researchers and teachers are all dedicated and gifted individuals who contribute directly to UCT GSB's reputation of excellence.
Founder and CEO, PurpleGrowth| Professional Speaker & LecturerMzo is a leading management consultant, facilitator and coach.
Head: Executive EducationJodie Martin is the Executive Education Head of Department where he leads and supports our world-class Executive Education delivery team.
15% for 3 - 6 applicants (bulk discount applied from third applicant)
10% for 7+ applicants (bulk discount applied to all applicants)
10% for alumni of UCT GSB academic and Executive Education courses
The UCT GSB's Breakwater Campus is situated in the heart of Cape Town's most popular tourist attraction, the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. Centrally located and easily accessed, the UCT GSB is just 1.5km away from the central business district and 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport.
As an added benefit to studying at the UCT GSB, you'll be situated in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Click here to see what Cape town has to offer.
Certificate of completion
Flights & accommodation costs are not included.
The course is a non-credit-bearing course delivered at the equivalent of an NQF 8 postgraduate level of study.
The course is accredited through UCT, which is a registered public higher education institution with the Council on Higher Education (CHE). Each programme is accredited through an internal UCT quality assurance process, as delegated by the CHE, ensuring the excellent quality of our offering.
In short, this course does not refer to NQF levels