The UCT GSB Developing Women in Leadership course is designed for aspiring women leaders who are interested in self-development, career advancement and personal fulfilment.
What you will walk away with
- An understanding of organisations, power and politics
- An understanding of the impact of broader gender issues on women in leadership
- Increased confidence in leading and influencing others
- Awareness of personal intention and impact*Increased self-awareness, and commitment to continue the process
- Skills in negotiating, coaching and giving feedback*Skills to make dual careers tenable
- A network of colleagues with whom they have a shared powerful experience
Who should apply
- Interested in self-development, career advancement and personal fulfilment
- Want an opportunity to evaluate yourself and benefit from feedback from your peers*Want to increase your ability to confidently lead and influence others
- Want to build skills such as networking, communication and collaboration
- National Senior Certificate, NQF 4 or equivelant
- English proficiency
Empowering Women in Leadership
Evidence shows that women-only leadership development programmes are effective in developing critical skills that better equip female executives for leadership roles.
Hear from the alumni of the UCT GSB’s Developing Women in Leadership Programme as they share their experience of the course.
Learn with the best
Our Internationally acclaimed researchers and teachers are all dedicated and gifted individuals who contribute directly to UCT GSB's reputation of excellence.
Course ConvenorSue has been in the learning and development consultancy business since 1989, based in Cape Town, but with national and international clients.
Course ConvenorJenny is course convenor for The New Manager and for Programme for Management Development – both are GSB flagship Executive Education short courses.
Adjunct LecturerDr Makgathi Mokwena is an adjunct professor at the UCT GSB and co-convenes the school’s executive education programme, Developing Women in Leadership.
Client Liaison OfficerTarryn is a seasoned sales & marketing professional with over 8 years of experience in the higher education short course industry.
Head: Executive EducationJodie Martin is the Executive Education Head of Department where he leads and supports our world-class Executive Education delivery team.
Yes, this course offers standard discounts
The UCT GSB's Breakwater Campus is situated in the heart of Cape Town's most popular tourist attraction, the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. Centrally located and easily accessed, the UCT GSB is just 1.5km away from the central business district and 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport.
As an added benefit to studying at the UCT GSB, you'll be situated in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Click here to see what Cape town has to offer.
Certificate of completion
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TODAY
Acquire new competencies and move your career to the next level!
Stay up-to-date with the latest events from Africa’s top business school.Subscribe
Here's why women should consider pursuing an MBA
Whether you’re trying to climb the corporate ladder, make a career change, or create impact in the world, there’s no shortage of compelling reasons to enrol for an MBA. We spoke to six women who have completed the UCT GSB’s MBA programme, about what they gained from the experience.Read Article