EMBA ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Attributes and qualifications needed for this degree
Admission to the Executive MBA programme is highly selective and enrolment is limited.
To be considered for the GSB EMBA candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 8 years' work experience and a proven management track record in the public or private sector.
- Fluency in English. Applicants whose mother tongue is not English will be required to produce a TOEFL certificate to verify fluency in English. For more information on UCT’s English Language Requirements .
- Completed either a Bachelor Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma at NQF level 8. Verification of the qualification's equivalence to a South African degree is also required. This can be done by contacting the South African Qualifications Authority. Candidates unable to meet this requirement can apply through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit the Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form. Prospective EMBA students who will be considered under the RPL policy should have:
- At least an NQF 4 qualification.
- Relevant work experience minimum 8 years or more depending on the NQF level qualification above (i.e. prospective students with a lower NQF level need higher levels of work experience). Three or more years of work experience should have been in a senior management or a relevant professional position.
- Complete the Modified Career Path Appreciation Assessment (MCPA), or an equivalent assessment, which provides an indication of the candidate’s current and future capabilities.
Applicants who have met the admission requirements will be contacted to attend a selection interview.