PGDIP IN MANAGEMENT PRACTICE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Attributes and qualifications needed for this qualification
Due to the intensity of this programme, applicants need to demonstrate a high level of personal motivation, stamina and initiative. In addition, applicants must show a willingness to work in a group situation and an ability to tolerate and manage pressure and conflict. You will be assessed with this in mind.
Successful applicants need to:
- be 25 years or older
- Students must be fluent in spoken and written English. The UCT GSB Admissions Board could require a TOEFL or NBT for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or who have not received a degree from an English university. For more information on UCT’s English Language Requirements click here
- have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- hold a graduate level qualification or NQF level 7 equivalent; verification of whether the qualification corresponds to a South African degree is also required and can be done by contacting the South African Qualifications Authority
- attend an interview if required.
Candidates not meeting the NQF level 7 requirement can apply through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit the Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form. Prospective PGDip students who will be considered under the RPL policy should have:
- At least an NQF 4 qualification
- Relevant work experience of 7 years or more depending on the NQF level qualification above (i.e. prospective students with a lower NQF level need higher levels of work experience).
- Candidates not meeting the NQF level 7 requirements should be able to demonstrate learning and academic ability that corresponds to the NQF 7 level, including critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.