The GSB is committed to making funding and scholarship opportunities available to talented, motivated and deserving individuals who meet the entrance criteria for our academic programmes.
PROGRAMME FEES FOR THE 2022 PHD INTAKE
Total Programme Fees:
- Tuition Course Fee (per annum or part thereof): R22 420
PHD DEPARTMENTAL SCHOLARSHIPS
The GSB PhD programme awards PhD Departmental scholarships to first year and returning PhD students accepted onto the programme. Scholarships are granted on the basis of both academic merit and financial need, and will cover one year of tuition for three successful applicants.
Please note: Annual renewal is not guaranteed.
The John and Anahis Davidian Innovation and Industry Emergence and Evolution Ph.D. Scholarship is available to returning students (2nd year onwards) accepted onto the programme. Applicants may study innovation processes in diverse forms, different research contexts, and at different levels of analysis. Special consideration will be given to proposals focused on industries or company populations as level of analysis.
POSTGRADUATE DEGREE FUNDING
You may apply for various UCT funding opportunities and fellowships for doctoral degrees.
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- South African citizens can approach EduLoan for a study loan
- Citizens of other countries should approach banks or loan institutions in their own countries as a first point of call. Alternatively, please see the "Useful international and local scholarship websites" section on the UCT website.
- Prodigy Finance offers loans to international students to study at the world's top business schools, including the UCT Graduate School of Business. Click here for more information.
- Feenix crowd funding, powered by Standard Bank, is a platform for donors to sponsor tuition fees. Read more