MBA FULL TIME REQUIREMENTS
Attributes and qualifications needed for this degree
The UCT GSB MBA programme is geared toward talented, mature adults with proven academic ability and business experience who are highly motivated to succeed. Students are selected based on their capacity for personal and professional development.
PROSPECTIVE UCT GSB MBA CANDIDATES NEED TO:
- Be 25 years or older.
- Have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Students must be fluent in spoken and written English. The UCT GSB Admissions Board could require a TOEFL or NBT for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or who have not received a degree from an English university. The Board also takes motivation essays, standardised assessments, and interviews into account with regard to English proficiency. Final decision at the discretion of the Board. For more information on UCT’s English Language Requirements click here.
- Submit an official score from a standardized assessment. Candidates can select either the GMAT, NMAT, Executive Assessment or GRE. Learn more about these here.
- Have a NQF level 8 qualification (a Bachelor Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma).
- Candidates with a non-South African qualification need to verify the equivalence to a South African degree. This can be done by contacting the South African Qualifications Authority
- Candidates not meeting the NQF level 8 requirement can apply through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit the Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form. Prospective MBA students who will be considered under the RPL policy should have:
- At least an NQF 4 qualification.
- Relevant work experience of usually 7 years or more depending on the NQF level qualification above (i.e. prospective students with a lower NQF level need higher levels of work experience). Typically, three or more years of work experience should have been in a management or a relevant professional position.
- Candidates not meeting the NQF level 8 requirement should be able to demonstrate learning and academic ability that corresponds to the NQF 8 level, including critical thinking, problem solving and research skills.
- Submit a CV you can collate your CV as you fill in your information, employment history and qualifications in the pre-application portal.
- Two referee reports submitted as part of the application
- Personal motivations in the form of three essays that will be used for selection purposes
- Selected applicants will be required to take part in an interview.