Please Note: As a result of the outbreak of COVID-19 course dates and planned formats may change at short notice.
The LeAD Campus Sustainable Leadership in Africa Executive Certificate is a unique international programme for senior executives doing business in Africa.
Tailor-made and co-developed by AFD, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, HEC Paris and the UCT Graduate School of Business, the programme focuses on key areas of leadership and the challenges, opportunities and practicalities of running a business in the dynamic African context. Taught through a blend of theory and practice, the programme seeks to strike a balance between economic, social, societal and environmental performance.
The programme is offered in English, over five modules hosted in four countries.
Ivory Coast, Morocco, South Africa and France
May - Dec 2021
4 five-day modules
1 Live online - Module partly online, partly cross-functional and spread throughout the other modules in the different countries
7 May 2021
This results-based international leadership programme equips executives and senior managers to develop and strengthen their leadership skills and their ability to support change and achieve sustainable performance.
The programme offers an opportunity for collaborative engagement – across continents, sectors, organisations and business functions as delegates learn alongside stakeholders and specialists in various fields. The course content draws on the extensive knowledge and expertise of the top-ranked partner institutions, combined with an immersive hands-on practical experience – including field visits and study tours to key organisations and inspiring change actors.
This course will benefit:
The minimum requirements are:
Major challenges and megatrends of the African continent
• Exploring and reflecting on the key challenges
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and potential of the African continent in a changing world
Acting with impact: the building blocks for sustainable and responsible growth
• Revisiting the models for sustainable performance in traditional companies
Acting for impact: innovative business models that address and meet Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Understanding the fundamental aspects of strategic analysis and strategic innovation
• Studying innovative business models aimed at meeting Sustainable Development Goals
Improving the coherence of support functions in order to implement a responsible business strategy
• Developing support functions, and creative methods, that are aligned with the change management and sustainable business strategy of the company
Enlightened leaders meeting the challenges of the 21st century
• Studying the impact of the digital revolution on organisations and working practices
• Strengthening the ties between Africa and France by capitalising on entrepreneurship to co-develop solutions
• Leveraging African entrepreneurship in order to drive transformation
Participants will carry out a transformation/innovation project that has an impact on the African continent alongside the programme – providing an opportunity to apply what is learned in the modules to a real-life project, which will act as a common thread throughout the programme.
Alexis John Ahyee
+225 21 29 14 74
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
Fatima Zahra Alami
+212 6 73 73 32 49
Click here for more course information