LEARN TO NEGOTIATE SUCCESSFULLY
Gain skills and poise at the negotiation table
The UCT GSB Negotiation Skills for Managers: Maximising Value in Negotiation, is designed to equip participants with the skills and confidence to successfully master complex negotiations.
Delegates will learn to:
- practice negotiation in a cooperative manner that optimises gains for all parties involved
- negotiation in win-more/win more outcomes
- find the right balance between assertiveness and relationship-mindedness
COURSE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
15% for 3 - 6 applicants (bulk discount applied from third applicant)
10% for 7+ applicants (bulk discount applied to all applicants)
10% for alumni of UCT GSB academic and Executive Education courses
Business owners, managers, customer relations specialists, markets, salesmen, lawyers, accountants, community leaders, NGO operatives and public servants will greatly benefit from this course.
Evidence of the impact that this course has had is regularly provided by those who have attended from the different countries like Belgium, Russia, China, Cambridge, Ireland, Romania and South Africa.
Participants on the Negotiation Skills for Managers course will:
- learn how to practice negotiation in a cooperative manner that optimizes gains for all parties involved;
- be provided with the tools and opportunities to plan for different forms of negotiation;
- be sensitized to the importance of establishing a negotiation climate conducive to win-more/win more negotiation outcomes;
- learn how to find the right balance between assertiveness and relationship-mindedness;
- discover the best ways of dealing with hard-bargainers and cultural and gender differences;
- learn how to leverage the six basic laws of human behaviour in pursuit of influence and persuasion; and
- gain experience in planning and negotiating together within teams comprised of various personalities.
- 15% for 3 - 6 applicants (discount applied from third applicant)
- 10% for 7+ applicants (discount applied to all applicants)
- 10% for alumni of UCT GSB academic and Executive Education courses
The UCT Graduate School of Business takes pride in building future leaders and guiding the leaders of today toward sustainable impact in African business and society.
Our degree programmes and short courses deliver learning experiences that are personally transformative because better people make better leaders.
Our programmes are mostly offered at our vibrant Cape Town Breakwater Campus, at the heart of the city's most popular tourist attraction, the V&A Waterfront.
The campus is equipped with modern lecture theatres, a library and syndicate rooms for group study, as well as restaurants and the Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge that offers special rates for students .
Find out more: https://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/student-experience
Meet the Course Convenor
Prof David Venter practised psychology for 15 years before serving in the South African government as the Director-General responsible for communication during the transition from apartheid to democracy. In his latter role he was greatly privileged to spend 10 years working very closely with Nelson Mandela, and later with Thabo Mbeki when President Mandela left office.
On leaving the public service in 1996, he successfully assisted in establishing three negotiation training and consulting companies before joining the faculty of the Vlerick Business School in Belgium where he was awarded numerous Best Teacher awards during his tenure of more than eight years. In addition to Belgium, he has or is still teaching in St Petersburg in Russia, at Peking University in China, the Judge Business School at Cambridge, Trinity College in Ireland, MCC in Hungary and Romania, and the South African universities of Cape Town and Stellenbosch. In addition to teaching, he also regularly consults to a wide array of national and multi-national companies.