Outgoing Exchange Application Notice
Applications for the UCT GSB Exchange Programme close on 30 June.
Applications for the GNAM study abroad opportunities will open in November.
OUTGOING STUDENTS EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES
Spend a semester at an international university
There are a number of different options for UCT GSB students to participate in an exchange programme abroad, ranging from one week to 3 months.
For normal exchanges, tuition fees at host schools are waived, but students are responsible for their travel, accommodation, visa, medical and subsistence fees. We currently have 47 partner schools on the full semester exchange and / or short exchange opportunities, and another 32 leading global business schools for the GNAM week that you can choose from for your exchange opportunity.
UCT GSB students have access to the following international opportunities:
- Exchange for a term/semester
This is when you choose a school and stay with them for a whole term. This is usually between 3 - 6 months or can be as short as 6 weeks, depending on the school. More information are available in the various schools' fact sheets. For more information about each school, students should go to Vula to view Exchange Fact Sheets, exchange application deadlines and application forms.
- Summer Schools
There are several schools who run short-term exchange programmes, which specialise in a particular discipline. These include
- Copenhagen Business School (Denmark)
- ESSEC (France)
- Jönköping International Business School (Sweden)
- WHU in Vallender and Düsseldorf (Germany)
- PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University (China)
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA)
- Warsaw School of Economics
- Toulouse Business School
- UCLA Anderson School of Management (Los Angeles)
For more information about each school, students should go to Vula to view Exchange Fact Sheets, exchange application deadlines and application forms.
- Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM)
The UCT GSB is a member of The Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM), which gives you more opportunities to study abroad, especially when you don't have much free time. In 2016 GSB students participated in GNAM network immersion weeks at inter alia IE Business School in Madrid, Yale School of Management, HKUST in Hong Kong and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) in Geneva, Switzerland. Other options included:
- FGV-EASP in Brazil
- Hitotsubashi ICS in Japan
- Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia in Canada
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Israel
- EGADE Business School in Mexico