MTN Solution Space
A space for boldly envisioning and pioneering solutions
As Africa’s leading business school, the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business (GSB) is focused on developing leaders in emerging markets. These are leaders, grounded in ethical values and equipped to handle complexity, uncertainty and continuous change. That's why the GSB’s philosophy of Full Colour Thinking avoids predefined models and uses an holistic, emergent and creative approach to cultivate intellectually curious minds.
Central to this vision and mission, the Solution Space is an innovation and entrepreneurship hub located in the heart of the GSB campus.
As Founding Sponsor, the MTN Group and the UCT GSB are dedicated to working together to build African solutions and innovations across the continent.
So what is the Solution Space?
- It's a shared workspace and learning space.
- It's a dynamic, intellectually stimulating yet informal environment.
- It will be home to a community of entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Because complex challenges demand collaboration and partnership, the Space will be a meeting point for business, government, academia and civil society.
- Here, multiple and potentially divergent action-learning experiments will be piloted.
- With an open culture that values the contribution of people from all walks of life, the Space is collective exchange of ideas, experiences, skills and expertise.
- The aim is to provide an environment where startups can build solutions.
This is a learning space for new and innovative educational programmes, including entrepreneurial training and a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree specialising in inclusive innovation. Relevant and transformative learning journeys will grow and shape innovators and entrepreneurs, while cutting-edge research is practically applied to real-world problems.
It’s also a work space for startups with flexible packages that cater for full-time, after-hours or even occasional use. Residents get access to fast Wi-Fi, hot desks, lounge areas, printing facilities, and meeting rooms. The Solution Space also has tele and video conferencing facilities for virtual meet-ups and presentations.
Finally, it’s a community space for innovators and entrepreneurs who are committed to working together and exchanging ideas, experiences, skills and expertise. Here members can learn more, encounter mentors, find partners, secure seed capital and scale social impact initiatives in a space that’s conducive to connection and growth.
For more information, contact the Solution Space on firstname.lastname@example.org.