Applications for the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation are taken on a rolling basis. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the programme rather than waiting until the closing date. Also, scholarship deadlines tend to be in September and October, which is further reason to submit your application early.
There are a number of documents that are required for the application procedure.
Please note that all prospective applicants are required to complete the UCT Online Application for Admission together with the GSB Application Information Document. In addition, all MPhil applicants are required to submit a Research Proposal as well as three motivations.
Please read the GSB Application Information Sheet carefully before completing your application.
1. Complete an online application
NOTE : Supported browsers are Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 as well as Firefox. If you are using Internet Explorer 10 or greater, please ensure that you turn off the Compatibility View mode. We encourage you to only use these supported browsers to ensure full compatibility. Unsupported browsers, such as Chrome and Safari, are not fully compatible and may result in you not being able to complete and submit your online application.
When completing the “Programme of Study” section, please select the following:
- Level of Qualification: Masters
- Faculty: Commerce
- Academic Qualification: Master of Philosophy (by dissertation only)
- Specialisation or Major: Inclusive Innovation
2. Upload documents
Applicants must upload the following documents when completing the online application:
- Academic Transcript
- Research proposal. Please select the MPhil Research Proposal here
3. Submitting the online application
The online application will only be ready for submission once all nine steps have been completed, with each step indicating a green tick. When all the steps are ticked, number ten will appear on the list which will allow for the submission of the online application.
4. Deliver hard-copy documents
The following documents need to be couriered or hand-delivered to the GSB campus:
- GSB Application Information Document
- Three Motivations
- Certified copy of ID or passport
- Certified copies of degree qualifications (degree certificate and transcripts). Copies of UCT qualifications are not required.
- Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee. Bank details are available here.
Note: Each certified copy of diploma, transcript, partially completed degrees and ID or passport must carry an original stamp from a Commissioner of Oaths (or equivalent). Documents which have previously been certified and then photocopied, are not acceptable.Begin the UCT Online Application for Admission here.
Applicants who do not meet the formal entrance criteria for the Master of Philosophy in Inclusive Innovation can apply as RPL candidates by submitting the Portfolio of Evidence Assessment form in addition to their application. The RPL procedure is available here.
Postal address: GSB Admissions. Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town
Breakwater Campus, Portswood Road, Green Point, 8001
Cape Town, South Africa
For academic year starting 2017
MPhil: 31 October 2016
Students with outstanding balances on their fees accounts will not have any subsequent application processed until the debt has been settled in full.
This letter must include:
- Must be on a company letterhead
- Must detail the student name and student number.
- Must detail the amount of the sponsorship
- Must agree to adhere to the Initial and Final Fee Payment Deadlines
- Must indicate contact details of a company representative (full names, designation, telephone number and email address) that can be contacted to verify the sponsorship
The preferred methods of payment
- Direct deposit at any branch of Standard Bank
- Internet banking direct transfer
- Telegraphic / wire transfer (from outside South Africa)
- Debit and Credit Card payments (we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards though)
- Cheque payments (Cheques should be crossed and made payable to the "University of Cape Town" and the student name and number written on the back of the cheque.)
- Cash payments up to a maximum of R 1,000.00 can be made at the GSB. Anything greater must be paid directly into a Standard Bank branch or done via another option listed above.
Beneficiary: UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN - GSB Account No.9
Bank: Standard Bank SA Ltd
Branch: Rondebosch, Western Cape
Branch Code: 025009
Swift code (for international payments): SBZAZAJJ
GSB Reference Number format: GSB / surname / firstname –OR - UCT student number
Please click here for the Credit Card Authorisation Form