MPhil Application Procedures
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) specialising in Inclusive Innovation
- Complete an online application:
All prospective applicants must complete the UCT Online Application for Admission in 2015. When completing the “Programme of Study” section, please select the following:
- Level of Qualification: Masters
- Faculty: Commerce
- Academic Qualification: Master of Philosophy (by dissertation only)
- Specialisation or Major: Inclusive Innovation
Applicants must upload the following documents when completing the online application:
- Academic transcripts
- Research proposal. Please select the MPhil Research Proposal here
The following documents need to be couriered or hand-delivered to the GSB campus:
- Certified copy of ID or passport
- Certified copies of degree qualifications (degree certificate and transcripts)
- Non-refundable application fee must accompany application. The application fee is R1 100 for African and South African citizens and permanent residents. For international applicants, the application fee is US$200. Bank details are available here.
Postal address: GSB Admissions. Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town
Breakwater Campus,, Portswood Road, Green Point, 8001
Cape Town, South Africa
Applicants who don’t meet the formal entrance criteria for the MPhil Inclusive Innovation can apply as RPL candidates by submitting the Portfolio of Evidence Assessment form in addition to their application. The RPL procedure is available here.
For academic year starting 2015
MPhil: Contact Admissions
Students with outstanding balances on their fees accounts will not have any subsequent application processed until the debt has been settled in full.
All MBA applicants are required to write the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and obtain an acceptable GMAT score. A GMAT score of 550 will ordinarily be required.
EMBA applicants have two options:
1. GMAT – Write the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and obtain an acceptable GMAT score. A GMAT score of 550 will ordinarily be required.
2. National Benchmark Test (NBT) plus Management Career Path Appreciation Assessment (MCPA) – With this option, EMBA applicants are required to write the Academic and Quantitative Literacy (AQL) sections of the National Benchmark Test as well as the Management Career Path Appreciation Assessment.
In addition to the above, suitable EMBA applicants will be required to take part in an interview and will be required to complete the Career Leader Self-Assessment. For more information please visit www.careerleader.com.
This letter must include:
- Must be on a company letterhead
- Must detail the student name and student number.
- Must detail the amount of the sponsorship
- Must agree to adhere to the Initial and Final Fee Payment Deadlines (50% paid prior to enrolment, with balance to be paid by 30 June 2015)
- Must indicate contact details of a company representative (full names, designation, telephone number and email address) that can be contacted to verify the sponsorship
The preferred methods of payment
- Direct deposit at any branch of Standard Bank
- Internet banking direct transfer
- Telegraphic / wire transfer (from outside South Africa)
- Debit and Credit Card payments (we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards though)
- Cheque payments (Cheques should be crossed and made payable to the "University of Cape Town" and the student name and number written on the back of the cheque.)
- Cash payments up to a maximum of R 1,000.00 can be made at the GSB. Anything greater must be paid directly into a Standard Bank branch or done via another option listed above.
Beneficiary: UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN - GSB Account No.9
Bank: Standard Bank SA Ltd
Branch: Rondebosch, Western Cape
Branch Code: 025009
Swift code (for international payments): SBZAZAJJ
GSB Reference Number format: GSB / surname / firstname –OR - UCT student number
Please click here for the Credit Card Authorisation Form