Please note that fees and payment requirements differ for local and international students. A distinction is made between international students from within Africa and international students from outside Africa.
Payment for tuition is required before registration. Please consult the fees handbook at https://www.uct.ac.za/apply/fees
An acceptance fee is required for all GSB Open Academic Programmes (EMBA, MBA, MCOM Development Finance, PGDip Management Practice, and MPhil Inclusive Innovation). This must be paid upon acceptance of the offer and secures your place on the programme. This is credited against the fees due upon registration.
Note that this acceptance fee is subject to cancellation charges, calculated on a sliding scale, should you subsequently withdraw your acceptance (see below).
Withdrawal of Acceptance (including Deferring)
Subject to section 17(2) of the Consumer Protection Act, a cancellation fee is payable as follows:
- 20% of the amount will be forfeited if notice of cancellation or deferral is received six weeks or more prior to the start of the orientation programme and
- The entire amount is forfeited if the notice of cancellation or deferral is received less than six weeks prior to the start of the orientation programme.
INITIAL FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE
Students attending GSB Programmes must make an initial payment of academic fees, subject to a once-off late payment fee of 10% of the total annual fee. The initial payment amount is typically set as 50% of the total fee debt for the year.
The 2017 fees reflected here have been approved by the University Council.
The University increases fees annually. Applicants embarking on 2 year programmes (e.g. EMBA, Development Finance or the Modular MBA), or programmes that straddle two academic years (e.g. certain intakes of PGDip), must factor in fee increases for their courses in the 2nd year of study.
The preferred methods of payment
- Direct deposit at any branch of Standard Bank
- Internet banking direct transfer
- Telegraphic / wire transfer (from outside South Africa)
- Debit and Credit Card payments (we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards though)
- Cheque payments (Cheques should be crossed and made payable to the "University of Cape Town" and the student name and number written on the back of the cheque.)
- Cash payments up to a maximum of R 1,000.00 can be made at the GSB. Anything greater must be paid directly into a Standard Bank branch or done via another option listed above.
Beneficiary: UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN - GSB Account No.9
Bank: Standard Bank SA Ltd
Branch: Rondebosch, Western Cape
Branch Code: 025009
Swift code (for international payments): SBZAZAJJ
GSB Reference Number format: GSB / surname / firstname – OR - UCT student number
Please click here for the Credit Card Authorisation Form