Managing Infrastructure Reform & Regulation
The following research projects are currently being undertaken or have recently been completed:
- Independent Power Producers (IPPs) in Africa (with Stanford University’s PESD);
- Private Management Contracts & Concessions in the Electricity Sector in Africa;
- Regulation of Electricity Services in Africa: An Assessment of Current Experience and an Exploration of Hybrid and Transitional Regulatory Systems (with the World Bank and AFUR);
- Design of a New Regulatory System for Water Services in South Africa;
- A History and Analysis of the Electrification Programme in South Africa;
- Investment, Finance and Uncertainty: the Challenge of Power Sector Investment in South Africa;
- Power Sector Reform and Poverty in Africa (with ESMAP/World Bank);
- The Political Economy of Power Sector Reform in Developing Countries (with Stanford University).
See the MIR Publications page for further information related to these and other projects.