A Powerful Network
The GSB alumni network is a dynamic forum that comprises more than 23 000 past GSB students in 68 countries worldwide. Alumni are a living advertisement for the quality of the GSB, both through their career proficiency and the enthusiasm they express for their GSB experience.
Many of the School’s alumni hold key positions in top companies or have started their own successful businesses. Alumni play a vital role in supporting and encouraging more recent graduates to follow in their footsteps and GSB students who find employment after graduation – particularly internationally – frequently do so through alumni contacts.
Well-known GSB alumni include:
- Arthur Mashiatshidi, CEO of Decorum Capital Partners.
- Sandile Zungu, Presidential Spokesperson at the office of the President.
- Kim McFarland, Chief Operating Officer of Investec Asset Management Holdings (Pty) Ltd. Listed in the Financial Times Top 100 Most Influential Women in Finance in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in 2008 and 2009 and named South African Businesswomen of the Year in 2002.
- Prof Mike Page, Past Dean of Rotterdam School of Management and currently Vice-president for Academic Affairs and Dean on Business at the McCallum Graduate School at Bentley University, Massachusetts, USA.
- Dr Iqbal Survé, Chief Executive Officer of Sekunjalo Investment Ltd; Chair of UCT Graduate School of Business Advisory Board.
- Stewart Cohen, Joint Chairman, Mr Price Group Ltd
- Tiger Wessels, CEO (retired), UTI
- Ian Kantor, CEO, Insinger De Beaufort Nv and member of the GSB Advisory Board
- Steve Westwell, Vice President, BP PLC Ltd UK