A Powerful Network
The GSB alumni network is a dynamic forum that comprises more than 23 000 past GSB students in 68 countries worldwide. Alumni are a living advertisement for the quality of the GSB, both through their career proficiency and the enthusiasm they express for their GSB experience.
Many of the School’s alumni hold key positions in top companies or have started their own successful businesses. Alumni play a vital role in supporting and encouraging more recent graduates to follow in their footsteps and GSB students who find employment after graduation – particularly internationally – frequently do so through alumni contacts.
Well-known GSB alumni include:
- Stewart Cohen (MBA 1969) - Honorary Chairman and Co-Founder, Mr Price Group Ltd
- Tiger Wessels (MBA 1969) - CEO (retired), UTI
- Ian Kantor (MBA 1969) - CEO, Insinger De Beaufort Nv and member of the GSB Advisory Board
- Prof Mike Page (MBA 1983/84) - Past Dean of Rotterdam School of Management and currently Provost and Vice-president for Academic Affairs at Bentley University, Massachusetts, USA.
- Donald Grant (MBA 1985) MEC Western Cape Government
- Kim McFarland (MBA 1993/94) - Chief Operating Officer of Investec Asset Management. Listed in the Financial Times Top 100 Most Influential Women in Finance in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in 2008 and 2009 and named South African Businesswomen of the Year in 2002.
- Ravi Naidoo (MBA 1994) MD Interactive Africa
- Sandile Zungu (MBA 1995) - Presidential Spokesperson at the office of the President.(Currently Chair of the GSB Advisory Board)
- Jacques Celliers (MBA 1998) - CEO of FNB
- Rayan Ravens (MBA2009) – CEO Accelerate Cape Town
- Thapelo Tsheole (MBA 2012/13) - CEO The Botswana Stock Exchange