Development finance is for people and institutions that can influence development trends in an emerging context and make large-scale changes that can impact positively on the quality of life of people around the world. The GSB MCom in Development Finance brings with it a wide range of benefits including the following:
- Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Development Finance;
- Membership of a professional network of development finance practitioners in Africa and beyond;
- A ready-made reputation for excellence from one of South Africa's most respected academic institution;
- The ability to work for development finance institutions, governments, the private sector and other sectors of an economy;
- The ability to conduct high level development finance research and provides students with skills to engage in high policy decision making process;
- The programme equips students with a solid understanding of finance as applied in international development context;
- The programme provides the expertise to start initial investments that act as the right catalyst, and demonstrate that enterprises can thrive in economically challenging markets.