2014 Project Management
This popular course takes a look at projects from a business perspective and helps participants to understand how a project is conceptualised and initiated in support of the strategy and business plans of the organisation. It also covers the fundamentals of project management.
- Middle to senior management
- Project managers
- PMI® certified Project Managers (PMPs) will benefit from this course and will earn PDUs
- Although business focused, the course is very relevant to engineers, IT professionals, and to those in public service
- No previous project management experience is required
At the end of the programme, delegates will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of generic Project Management and its application and context within an organisation
- Understand how a project is conceptualised and initiated in support of the strategy and business plans of the organisation
- Understand how a project is managed using a Project Management methodology
- Be introduced to the concepts of “early stage” planning to obtain commitment and buy-in through the application of a Project Definition Workshop
- Be introduced to and learn to apply traditional and alternative project management techniques, processes, and strategies
- Understand the roles and behaviours of project participants
- Learn how to define the scope of a project
- Organise the project team
- Plan, schedule and control a project
- Manage a project by results rather than activities
- Apply the processes and methodologies of business-focused project management
Key programme components
Four full days, containing a balanced mixture of theory, discussion and practical sessions based on case studies. Reading assignments will be given each evening.
Practical sessions will be based on a case study, involving work in syndicates. A computer simulation is used to practice and reinforce the concepts taught.
Dates: 11 - 14 August 2014
Application Deadline: 28 July
Tuition Fee: R17 300
Contact: Tracy Kimberley
Tel: +27 (0) 21 406 1346
Click the icon below to see the full infographic.