2016 Women in Leadership
OverviewWhen women succeed in business, they have one thing in common: strong leadership. The Women in Leadership (WIL) programme at the GSB focuses on developing leadership practice and gives women leaders the tools to increase their leadership impact and visibility.
This is a leadership programme for women executives with a strong focus on establishing influence and authority and translating this into value for their organisation.
The course is run by Liz de Wet, a specialist in building leadership practice, and Rosemary Grant, a business leader with many years experience in general management and as a board member. They offer a unique combination of leadership learning expertise and senior business leadership experience.
The programme comprises two modules, between which participants are supported by a coach as they explore their particular challenges in the workplace.
Is this course for me?This leadership short course is suited to businesswomen who have recently taken up senior leadership roles or who are preparing for roles at this level as it addresses some of the specific opportunities and challenges that women leaders encounter in this transition. It is also appropriate for women who are making the shift from specialist roles to more general management responsibilities.
- Understand the particular demands and challenges on executives in the 21st century.
- Develop your signature presence as a woman leader.
- Recognise personal blind spots and patterns, which can undermine impact.
- Manage your energy and attention.
- Create congruence between personal and professional life.
- Hold bold conversations and develop clear boundaries.
- Lead authentically.
- Understand how to build game changing executive teams and how to contribute beyond the areas of functional expertise.
- Create environments for excellence.
- Understand cross-functional collaboration.
- Engage effectively with stakeholder and build influence.
- Establish a strong network.
- Navigate organisational politics.
- Be able to lead change and transition.
- Engage diversity for innovation and growth.
- Discover how to energise teams and people.
This leadership course runs over two modules in Cape Town on the GSB campus. For more information please contact the Executive Education department at the UCT Graduate School of Business on 0860 UCT GSB or email email@example.com.
19 - 22 July 2016 (Module 1)
10 - 13 October 2016 (Module 2)
13 July 2016