Faculty & Research
A vibrant culture of research exists at the GSB. This is promoted by an emphasis on research performance in faculty recruitment and promotion and by active recruitment and supervision of Masters and PhD students.
The School’s research enriches and renews its curriculum and adds to the creative intellectual capacity of South African business and society.
Research is undertaken by faculty and students in groups and individually and is increasingly focused on South Africa’s unique circumstances as an emerging economy.
The School has identified five inter-disciplinary themes around which it seeks to focus its research. These are:
- Governance in emerging economies and the impact on economic development
- Culture, diversity and dynamics
- Entrepreneurial development and sustainable business
- Development, innovation and technology
- Infrastructure and regulation